A few weeks ago, I announced my Summer Seafood Challenge. I vowed to take advantage of my proximity to the ocean and teach myself how to cook with seafood. My first goal was whole fish. I would like to announce that I have conquered my first goal! That’s right, my friends. Whole fish. On the grill. And guess what! It was one of the easiest meals I’ve ever made.
I grew up in Kansas, 1700 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 1300 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. It should come as no surprise that seafood was not part of my family’s diet. In part, our experiences with seafood in restaurants of the Midwest left a bad taste in our mouths. We thought we didn’t [...]
Tagsbakeries bay area cabbage citrus cookies csa dairy dairy-free dessert diets dinner dough education family fermented foods fish food writing kimchi korean lactose intolerance massachusetts meyer lemons moosewood nashville new yorker nyc oakland organic farming organic produce pears pie recipes restaurants rockridge san francisco seafood soup southern food squash strawberries summer traditions turnips vegan vegetarian
- No public Twitter messages.
- Roberto Santibañez' Classic Guacamole - an article from Food52
- Homemade Fruit Yogurt recipe from food52
- DIY Brussels Cookies recipe from food52
- How to Make Yogurt at Home | The Kitchn
- The Cornucopia Institute
- Penne with Sweet Summer Vegetables, Pine Nuts, and Herbs recipe from food52
- David Lebovitz's Chocolate Sorbet - an article from Food52
- Alice Medrich's New Classic Coconut Macaroons - an article from Food52
Subscribe by Email