On my first solo trip to the Big Apple, I was treated to dinner at Trattoria Dell’Arte on 7th Avenue. How fun to choose multiple dishes from the antipasto bar! I tried the broccoli rapini, shrimp and scallops, baby roasted artichokes, grilled fennel, veggie lasagne, and fava bean salad. A nice spot in midtown Manhattan.
Near the MacArthur BART station on the corner of 40th Street and Shafter, there is a new restaurant. Through the glass facade, I see full tables, the purposeful movement of restaurant staff, and-–wait-–did someone just throw a paper airplane?
Last Saturday, Paul and I decided to forgo a hike in Marin in favor of exploring our own community of Oakland. I was ready to try la buena comida of East Oakland and visit El Ojo de Agua taco truck in Fruitvale. We toured International Boulevard, shopped at Mi Pueblo grocery, and gained more appreciation for our community.
I came across this blog post today (Rockridge: Food by Olivia, Juven, Vanessa, and Jackie) while working on some freelance work for the NWP, and I encourage everyone to read it. It was created by a group of East [...]
Tagsbakeries bay area cabbage citrus cookies csa dairy dairy-free dessert diets dinner dough education family fermented foods fish food writing kimchi korean lactose intolerance massachusetts meyer lemons moosewood nashville new yorker nyc oakland organic farming organic produce pears pie recipes restaurants rockridge san francisco seafood soup southern food squash strawberries summer traditions turnips vegan vegetarian
- No public Twitter messages.
- Roberto Santibañez' Classic Guacamole - an article from Food52
- Homemade Fruit Yogurt recipe from food52
- DIY Brussels Cookies recipe from food52
- How to Make Yogurt at Home | The Kitchn
- The Cornucopia Institute
- Penne with Sweet Summer Vegetables, Pine Nuts, and Herbs recipe from food52
- David Lebovitz's Chocolate Sorbet - an article from Food52
- Alice Medrich's New Classic Coconut Macaroons - an article from Food52
Subscribe by Email